Africa

Monday, July 11, 2011

Sipi Falls

I saw a seat belt for the first time in 5 weeks Saturday. WE were driving to sipi falls and Andy and I got first class treatment... the front seat. I almost would have rather been stuck with a million Africans in the back though than watch my life flash before my eyes as we weave in and out of cars. Even if I did have a seat belt on. It wasn't just my life I was worried about either. We almost hit 23 children, our driver wasn't stopping for anyone.

Hiking Sipi falls was hilarious. We had a crowd of 15 African kids following us. On the first falls we were hiking down to the base and had to go down a steep mud hill. We each had Ugandans on both sides of us helping us down but were still sliding everywhere. On the way back I literally had 2 boys pushing me up the hill. It actually was causing more problems though since they were pushing my bum and I was keeled over laughing. We gave quite the show at Sipi Falls.

No comments:

Post a Comment